The facade of your house is the owner's business card. It is a pleasure to return to a beautiful house after a tiring day at work, it pleases the eye of passers-by and fits into the street landscape in an original way. The variety of textures and colors allows you to create a unique design that you will enjoy for many years.
Types of facade decorative plaster by composition
The type of plaster is selected individually depending on the type of surface material and climate.
• Mineral. They are characterized by fast adhesion, thermal insulation properties, vapor permeability, resistance to moisture, temperature extremes and most detergents;
• Acrylic. An economical and reliable option for home decoration. They are distinguished by a low degree of vapor permeability and a high degree of moisture resistance. The coating tolerates heat and frost, repels dust, it can even be washed with a hose;
• Vinyl. They have high strength, vapor permeability, moisture resistance and provide the surface with dust-repellent properties;
• Silicone. They are distinguished by elasticity, increased vapor permeability, water and dust-repellent properties;
• Silicate. The coatings are not afraid of moisture, have good vapor permeability and dust-repellent properties;
• Siloxane. The finished coating repels water, differs in vapor permeability, resistance to temperature extremes.
By release form
• Dry mixes. They have a mineral base. They are economical, but require the preparation of a solution with strict adherence to proportions;
• Ready-made pastes. Completely ready to work, easy to apply, the composition is easier to tint and you can store leftovers.
Types of facade decorative plaster on the invoice
• Bark. The composition includes particles up to 5 mm in diameter, which allows you to create a structure that mimics eaten wood;
• Lamb - the coating resembles sheep's wool. The layer of plaster is distributed in circular motions by means of the platen;
• Fur coat - applied by sketching or spraying on the wall. The larger the fraction that is part of it, the more voluminous the pattern;
• Micro-coat - applied by rolling with a roller and is a cost-effective option;
• Mosaic plaster - one of the popular textures for wall decoration. The composition includes crushed crumbs of marble, granite or quartz. It is applied to a wall by means of a grater from stainless steel;
• Under Travertine - plaster imitates the surface of natural stone, which in appearance is almost no different from the natural coating. Various techniques are used for drawing, allowing to create an original covering.
Today, thanks to the huge variety of fillers, you can get any texture and appearance of the walls of the house: to achieve the effect of old walls, a Mediterranean villa, natural stone, a surface with glass crumbs and microgranites. Therefore, the above list is not the whole range of decorative plasters today.
The choice of plaster depends on the material of the walls, their vapor permeability and climate.
Advantages of facade decorative plaster
The material is widely used for finishing the facades of government buildings, beauty salons, private homes, ground floor apartments.
Pros of facade plaster:
• Resistance to ultraviolet light, frost, heat, strong wind. The coating can withstand a temperature range from - 55 to +60 ° C;
• Moisture resistance. The surface does not absorb water, remaining dry on wet days;
• Resistance to deformation and mechanical damage;
• A large selection of textures, colors and additives will create a stylish design that meets your wishes;
• Environmental friendliness. Modern decorative plaster does not emit harmful substances and is safe for health;
• Can be cleaned with a soft sponge and water. The "bark" coating can be wiped with a dry brush or vacuum cleaner;
• Plaster with siloxane has the ability to self-clean and does not absorb moisture.
Disadvantages of facade decorative plaster
Decorative plaster has both pros and cons. Consider the disadvantages of coverage:
• Careful preparation of the wall before applying the plaster;
• Difficulty of dismantling old decorative plaster;
• High cost of material;
• The difficulty of creating a beautiful coating without experience.
We considered the types of decorative plaster for the facade and their characteristics. When choosing a finishing material, pay attention to the reputation of the manufacturer and positive reviews about the product.